Hello my crazy peeps! As we gear up for the JK Publishing Reader Appreciation Hop, I wanted to start a few fun facts to get in the spirit of things. I will be telling a few of my holiday favorites, as well as random facts that may or may not be asked in the giveaways on the 17th! So, in the act of all things random, here are a few!
1. My favorite Christmas song is Carol of the Bells.
2. Every year, I set my phone ringtone to Santa Baby. It drives my family nuts, and I intentionally let it play the whole song before answering it just to annoy them.
3. I watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation at least thirty times in December. A Christmas Story is my all time favie Christmas movie, and even though I am the only one in the family who appreciates a leg lamp or a Red Rider BB gun, I insist on watching it every other day until after the new year.
4. I am scared to death of the dark. Not the dark itself, just what or who is lurking in it.
5. I HATE spiders. I have been bitten by a fiddle back spider twice, and it was nasty and painful.
6. Every year, we mix glitter and oats to sprinkle on the grass for the reindeer. The glitter helps them see it in the dark, and the oats offer a healthy treat to keep their energy up!
7. Every Christmas Eve, we let the kids open one present. (It is ALWAYS new pajamas, and yet they still forget and are surprised!) After they have their new fuzzies on, I snuggle up with the kids and read The Night Before Christmas to them and tuck them in tight.
8. Rice Crispie Treats with chocolate chips are a must treat on Christmas. The kids help make them, and usually turn the kitchen into a gobby mess. (It looks like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man puked everywhere) But, it is fun!
9. Rudolph is my favorite reindeer.
10. I asked for a pony from Santa when I was six, and am still waiting on the damn thing.
Now, your turn! I want to hear all of your favie holiday things! Song, movie, traditions, anything. Bring it on!